Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hollow Eclipse- Mining and Fishing
23-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Hollow Eclipse- Mining and Fishing
This thread will explain the details of the fishing and mining aspects of the Hollow Eclipse RP.
Fishing

The fishing aspect of the RP is relatively simple. To begin with, you cannot fish unless you have either A.) a Fishing Rod (available for free if you talk to Crasher Wake by the lake) or B.) a Water-type Pokemon that has evolved at least once. There are 5 types of fish to catch in the RP: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, and Huge. The formulas for catching a fish, however, is different depending on what method you use. Your fishing level will increase by 1 for every 5 times you fish. The catch Rates can be found at the bottom of the post.

Method 1: Fishing Rod

The formula for the fishing rod is as follows: N (number of times fished on current level) x L (fishing level) + .5. So, for example, on your first time fishing, you would use the following formula: 0 x 1 + .5, meaning you would have a .5 catch rate for a fish. The higher your catch rate, the better your chances are for landing a bigger fish. With a .5 catch rate, you'll only catch Tiny fish, and you're still not guaranteed to catch a fish. In order to determine if you have caught a fish, complete the above formula and send me a PM with the completed formula and your final catch rate. I will then roll a 6 sided die to determine if you catch anything. If the roll is 1-2, you catch nothing. If it is 3, you catch a fish one size down. If it is 4, you catch the size of fish associated with the catch rate. If the roll is 5, you catch a fish the next size up. And if the roll is a 6, you catch a Pokemon (which may differ depending on weather and season). If you catch a Huge fish and the roll is 5, you will catch a Pokemon instead.

Method 2: Fishing with Pokemon

The formula for using a Pokemon to fish is as follows: N (number of times fished) x L (fishing level) + (.5 x V (Pokemon's level)). For example, say you use a level 20 Wartortle for the first time you fish. The formula would be 0 x 1 + (.5 x 20), giving you a catch rate of 10. The sizes for catching a fish with Pokemon remain the same, but catch rates will be different for this method. Dice rolls give the same results as above.

Mining

Mining is also quite simple in the RP. There is only one method of mining, which is through the use of a Pickaxe (obtained by talking to Byron by the
cave behind the waterfall). The formula for mining is similar to those used for fishing: N (number of times mined) x L (mining level) + 1. Therefore, on your first time mining, you would use the following formula: 0 x 1 + 1, meaning you would have a mine rate of 1. There are 5 objects that can be obtained through mining: Scrap Metals (used for making small trinkets), Metals (used for making Pokeballs and Metal Coats), Minerals (used for making rare furnitures), Rare Minerals (used for making Evolutionary Hold Items besides the Metal Coat), and Evolution Stones. Once you have completed the above formula, send me a PM with the completed formula and the final mining rate. To determine if you have obtained an item through mining, a roll of dice will be used. If the roll is 1-2, you find nothing. If the roll is 3, you find something one rarity below the mining rate. If the roll is 4, you find something of the same rarity. If the roll is 5, you find something one rarity above the mining rate. If the roll is 6, you find two items of the same rarity. Your mining level will increase by 1 for every 10 times you mine. A list of objects that can be obtained through mining, as well as their mining rates, can be found at the bottom of the post.

Fishing Rates

Fishing Rod
Tiny Fish- .5 - 4.5
Small Fish- 5.0 - 9.0
Medium Fish- 9.5 - 13.5
Large Fish- 14.0 - 18.0
Huge Fish- 18.5 and up

Fishing by Pokemon
Tiny Fish- .5 - 8.0
Small Fish- 8.5 - 12.0
Medium Fish- 12.5 - 16.0
Large Fish- 16.5 - 20.0
Huge Fish- 20.5 and up

Mining Rates

Scrap Metals- 1 - 10
Metals- 11 - 20
Minerals- 21-30
Rare Minerals- 31 - 40
Evolution Stones- 41 and up

Any Pokemon caught by fishing will be randomly decided by me, and under certain conditions, you may find a certain Pokemon more often than others. Pokemon caught by fishing will be mostly basic Pokemon, with the occasional first evolution caught (very rarely, mostly during certain events).
If you have any questions or comments about the above, feel free to let me know!

Formerly known as CountdownToInvasion/Noemag Games/Stone Behemoth/Fluorescent Rain
On 11.28.12 The Descent Into Madness Shall Begin...

R.I.P.
June 18, 2001
May 22, 2011
November 23, 2011
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2011, 04:40 AM
RE: Hollow Eclipse- Mining and Fishing
This took an awfully long time, Baroque. X_X
Sorry. But cool mathmatical concepts for these, and I like the originality. I will probobly never mine, but fishing... I will occasionally.

*(O=o=O)*
23-01-2011, 04:46 AM
That's fine, Jasper. You're not required to do anything you don't want to, so it's not a big deal if you don't mine.

Formerly known as CountdownToInvasion/Noemag Games/Stone Behemoth/Fluorescent Rain

R.I.P.
June 18, 2001
May 22, 2011
November 23, 2011
23-01-2011, 04:54 AM
So what other threads do you need to make before we begin?

*(O=o=O)*
23-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Just one other, the main thread for day 1. The thread for the stores will be added once the RP has started.

R.I.P.
June 18, 2001
May 22, 2011
November 23, 2011